Celebrity hairstylist Jennifer Yepez worked with Gigi Hadid for the 2015 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue celebration on Tuesday, February 10th in New York, NY. Says Yepez, “My inspiration came from Gigi's outfit. On the runway, the look was super slick but we didn't want it to be too severe, so we went for something that would be sporty but still feminine.
"We decided to go very tight on the sides, creating a clean look while also keeping some volume on top," adds Yepez. "I also wanted to highlight Gigi's beautiful blonde hair color."
Get the Look:
1. Says Yepez, “To achieve this look at home, first section the hair starting at the nape and evenly apply Oribe Grandiose Mousse, focusing on the root area for more of a grip to hold the style in place. Using a Mason Pearson Brush, blow-dry hair flat to your head shape.
2. "Next, take another section and repeat the same process until you get to the front of the head. When you reach the front, apply double the mousse, focusing mostly on the sides. Blow-dry it again using the flat brush.
3. "When you reach the top of the head, blow-dry with a round brush to create volume. Then, apply a small amount of Oribe Balm d’Or from the mid-shaft to the ends of the hair and flat iron (from the mid-shaft down) until it’s smooth.
4. "Once ends are smooth, apply Oribe Superfine Strong Hairspray only to the sides of the hair. Work one side at a time, spraying only the side being worked on, and use the flat brush to smooth it back, following the head shape. Then move to the next side.
5. "Once done, spray the top lightly but do not brush it out in order to maintain the volume.
6. "Use two large silver clips with small pieces of paper towel underneath each clip to hold the sides in place until you are ready to leave. Once you’re all set, take off the silver clips and you’re red carpet ready!"
[Images: Top: Instagram.com/jennifer_yepez; bottom: Getty Images]