Dua Lipa recently debuted a cherry cola color for the music video of her new song "Houdini."
Hair Colorist Matt Rez (@colorbymattrez) created the trending color.
Dua Lipa isn't the only celebrity to debut this color this year. Dove Cameron, Shay Mitchell and Megan Thee Stallion have all sported the color thoughout the year. The resurgence of Y2K trends are a likely reason why this color is becoming such a favorite, as this color had its moment in the spotlight in the late '90s.
"Cherry cola is the it girl hair color, steering away from copper, it's a rich red which means it's going to shine and be a higher maintenance color. It will be worth it for a beautiful, striking color that is sure to turn heads," shares Sophie Rose Gutterman (@beautyxsophierose), curly color specialist. "This color is bright but it also has a cool effect to it, so it has violet hues and red hues which makes for a beautiful combo. I love this color because it naturally makes you look more tan during the winter when a lot of people feel pale, so their skin tones with warm you up. Red is always a good idea but this specific tone is going to work with almost every skin tone which is why I love it so much!"
It's likely your clients may be wanting to make the transition to this color this winter. Here's some products that you can recommend to them to maintain the look at home for all hair types and textures:
- AGEbeautiful Anti-Aging Liqui-Crème delivers the best at-home coverage that resists fast fading but also helps fight the signs of aging hair, including thinning, dryness, dullness and turning gray.
- All About Curls Permanent Hair Color, specifically formulated for curly hair, nourishes and colors your curls vibrantly, while keeping them moisturized & healthy!
- Prolong your color with MyHero Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner: The perfect duo to keep your hair healthy and strong, without damaging any of the copper tones. These products have Hyaluronic Acid to keep a proper balance of lipids and proteins.
- Moisturize and protect with MyHero Collagen Shield Spray that works as both a leave-in conditioner and a heat protectant. When styling hair, having a protective barrier is crucial when maintaining color. Leave-in conditioner will also keep your hair healthy and strong, so this product is the best of both worlds.
- For a more temporary commitment to the trend or if you just want to refreshen up the color at home, #Mydentity MyRefresh Color Depositing Conditioner in Crimson Spell is the perfect Cherry-Cola color! Deposit intense pigment and enhance softness and shine, with a formula infused with Sunflower Seed Oil, Argan Oil, and Meadowfoam Seed Oil.
"It's deep, rich tones evoke the cozy warmth associated with the colder seasons, offering a striking contrast against the cool winter backdrop," Guy Tang (@guy_tang), Creator of @GuyTang_Mydentity Brand, adds of the cherry cola color. "Secondly, it complements a wide range of skin tones, making it a versatile choice for anyone looking to switch up their look."