The stars dazzled on the 74th Primetime Emmy Awards red carpet.
We've rounded up five of our favorite hair how-tos so you can help your clients re-create the glam looks.
Nominated for Outstanding Competition Program for Lizzo's Watch Out For The Big Grrrls, Lizzo was styled by Shelby Swain with SexyHair. Swain says she and her team "wanted to keep the look effortless and highlight Lizzo's beautiful features."
Get the Look:
- Step 1: I began by shampooing Lizzo’s hair with the SexyHair Boost Up Volumizing Shampoo followed by the SexyHair Boost Up Volumizing Conditioner for hair that had volume and moisture.
- Step 2: Once washed, I applied the SexyHair Tri-Wheat Leave-in Conditioner. This helped to prepare her hair for straightening while preventing damage from heat styling.
- Step 3: I dried Lizzo's hair, I directed the hair up into the position where I wanted my final top knot to be.
- Step 4: After the hair was completely dry, I straightened the hair and continued to direct it upwards into the top knot position.
- Step 5: Once straightened, I secured with a coated elastic ponytail holder and began to create the knot while applying SexyHair Big Weatherproof Spray. This spray is great for all weather and is humidity friendly. After securing the knot with hair pins, I perfected any loose strands of hair and sprayed them with SexyHair Spray & Play hairspray. This hairspray was key to the whole look because its maximum hold kept the hair in place, but its soft touch feel kept the face framing pieces feeling airy.
Nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Brosnahan was styled by Owen Gould for Matrix. Brosnahan's look for the night was inspired by her beaded dress. Gould says, "Rachel's dress has lots of beaded embellishments, so I wanted to create a look that was modern and elegant. I was inspired by the shapes on the dress so I wanted to create a hair look with a similar shape."
Get the Look:
- Step 1: Prep the hair using Matrix Instacure Collection and blow-dry the hair using Matrix Mega Sleek Blown Down Cream to control frizz.
- Step 2: Once the hair is dry, section the hair in one-inch partings starting at the nape.
- Step 3: Spray each section with Matrix Mega Sleek Iron Smoother, and flat-iron each section smooth.
- Step 4: After gathering all the hair in a low ponytail, divide the hair into three equal sections, and spray each section with Matrix Vavoom Triple Freeze Extra Dry Neutral Hairspray for extra hold, before wrapping it around a medium-size-barrel curling iron.
- Step 5: After pinning each section, finish the look with some more spritzes of Vavoom Triple Freeze Extra Dry Neutral Hairspray for a high-hold, chic finish.
Nominated for her her first Emmy as an executive producer of Only Murders in the Building, Gomez was styled by Marissa Marino using Moroccanoil products. Marino says, "We wanted something up and sleek to complement the high neckline on her white Celine gown while still having some volume in the front for a retro feel."
Get the Look:
- Step 1: On damp hair, use a dime-size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment or Moroccanoil Treatment Light to provide the ideal foundation for styling.
- Step 2: Next, blow-dry hair smooth and follow by separating out the crown section of the hair and clip it out of the way.
- Step 3: Pull the rest of the hair into a sleek high ponytail and tame flyaways with Moroccanoil Styling Gel Strong.
- Step 4: Once the ponytail is secured, curl the crown section of the hair and mold it into a voluminous side sweep. Hold in place by using Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Extra Strong.
- Step 5: Finish the style by tying all of the hair into a bun.
- Step 6: Lastly, spray Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for extra sheen.
Nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for Ted Lasso, Waddingham was styled by Richard Collins using PHYTO products. When speaking about his inspiration for the look, Collins says, "Hannah wore a stunning pink gown by Dolce & Gabbana for [the] Emmys ceremony, so we drew inspiration from her ultra-feminine gown and decided to add an element of contrast with an edgy, textured ponytail."
Get the Look:
- Step 1: On damp hair, I applied Phytovolume Volumizing Blow Dry Spray at the roots, and Phytokeratine Repairing Heat Protecting Spray on the mid-shaft and ends. I then blew her hair dry with a medium boar-bristle brush.
- Step 2: Once the hair was dry, I used a quarter-inch curling iron, starting at the nape with a two-inch section, to make her hair wavy.
- Step 3: After this process, I used a small amount of the Phytospecific Moisturizing Styling Cream and smoothed the sides and a small amount scrunched in the ponytail tight after securing it with an elastic.
- Step 4: Finally, I manipulated the front height with my fingers and Phytolaque Soie hairspray.
Nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for Ted Lasso, Temple was styled by Mara Roszak using products from Wella Professionals. Temple's chic '90s grunge blowout was inspired by her Tom Ford dress. Roszak says, "We ended up looking through Tom Ford's gorgeous book surrounding his decades of fashion. We really felt inspired, it was just so Juno. We pulled a lot of inspiration from his own work and decided to leave her hair down–blown out, sleek, side-parted but with a bit of '90s grunge."
Get the Look:
- Step 1: First, I prepped the hair with Roz Santa Lucia Styling Oil.
- Step 2: Then, I blew out her hair as smooth as possible while still keeping a little bit of volume at the roots.
- Step 3: From there, I took a flat iron and straightened sections, but we really wanted to keep some natural movement to create a kind of tousled, lived-in, grunge-y blowout. So yes–I definitely wanted smooth and straight sections, but nothing too flat. I was able to achieve this by flat-ironing the pieces around the face, some pieces underneath, and occasionally on the ends. Again, I really wanted to focus on the blowout.
- Step 4: After this, I used Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me Dry Shampoo to roughen up the roots and add a bit of volume and texture.
- Step 5: I then sprayed her hair all over with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm Workable Finishing Hairspray and Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist Shine Spray.
- Step 6: Finally, I took a little bit of Roz Willow Glen Treatment Oil on my fingertips to pick out a few hair pieces. Juno's hair is very curly, so I just wanted to add some more moisture to the ends.