Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Stylist shares one of her favorite ponytail styles, the Sleek, Low Textured Ponytail. "This look is easy to do yourself and doesn't take long with a little 'know how' - it immediately gives you the glam effect with minimal effort. The texture in the ponytail is key to this look as it creates a point of difference from just an ordinary low ponytail." - Jenny Balding
- Start with day old hair as this will be easier to manage and look better.
- Create a low side part on whichever side suits your face shape best. Mist hair with a light spray all over to smooth any flyaway strands and smooth down.
- Gather your hair at the nape and sweep into low ponytail and tie making sure to keep the top area really smooth and sleek. Take a small piece of hair from the under section of the ponytail and wrap around the base and pin. I love Cutler Flyaway Stick to use over the part and crown to create a sleek, beautiful sheen to the hair.
- Using a mini crimper, take small sections of the ponytail and crimp each section. Mist a light hairspray on each section to give a little hold.
- Brush hair through with boar bristle flat brush to create the perfect juxtaposition of the two textures – the sleek top and the textured, crimped tail.
[Image courtesy of Jenni Bingham Communications]