When Marcy McDonald, designer stylist at Tangles Salon in Wichita Falls, TX (www.tangles.com) had a client ask for a more vibrant, healthier hairstyle, she immediately thought Chocolate Cabernet - rich silky ribbons of brunette with a high-gloss cabernet shine. It's the perfect way to make a big change with an exciting new shape and color.
“When my client Melissa came into the salon, she had not had her hair colored in 3 months," says McDonald. "She explained that she wanted to go shorter and darker without sacrificing brightness and the health of her hair.”
- Formula A: Goldwell Topchic 60mls 6% developer + 5N 20mls + 6NBK 40mls
- Formula B: Goldwell Topchic 40mls 3% developer + 5BG 40mls
- Formula C: Goldwell Topchic 40mls 3% developer + 6KS 40mls
- Step 1: Apply Formula A to new growth area.
- Step 2: Section hair into 4 quadrants.
- Step 3: Starting in the back, take 1" diagonal partings and apply Formula B on mids and ends using a board. Repeat with the next 1" section using Formula C. Alternate Formula B and C.
- Step 4: Repeat Step 3 in all quadrants.
- Step 5: Process for 25 minutes, then rinse with Goldwell Dualsenses Color Fadestop Shampoo and Conditioner.
- For an ultra glossy finish, apply Goldwell Top Wip Volume Mousse to roots and blow dry with a medium round brush, then use Goldwell Dualsenses Color Serum Spray for maximum shine. Finish with Goldwell Gloss STYLE SIGN Magic Finish 3 Brilliance Hairspray.
[Image courtesy of Glow Communications]