Want permanent color results from a direct dye when dip dying dark hair? Patrick McIvor, Artistic & TechniCulture Director for Goldwell and KMS California, suggests using Goldwell Topchic Permanent Hair Color followed by Goldwell Elumen Hair Color.
· Part hair from ear to ear and take a triangle section behind one ear.
· Plan for 3-4 sections, back comb each section twice for a soft transition and don’t remove too much hair if the desired result is strong color.
· Mix 5 ml Topchic 12BM with 10 ml 12% lotion and apply to each section, laying a foil over the section for a compact foil when finished. Process 45 minutes, rinse, shampoo and condition with Goldwell® DualSenses Hair Care.
· Saturate hair with Elumen Prepare Spray - a pre-color treatment specifically designed to prepare hair for positively charged direct color dyes, towel dry and lightly blow dry if needed.
· Apply Elumen RR@all to the bottom third of the section, feathering Elumen® Tq@all to the second third of the section. Repeat for each section.
· Process at room temperature for 30 minutes (or 20 minutes under an open heat source).
Goldwell Elumen Hair Color delivers up to 76% more color intensity compared to oxidative permanent hair colors and up to 37% more shine compared to intensive demi-permanent hair colors. And, it’s easy to apply because colorists can visually see the color. Not to mention, special colors need special care, so advise clients to maintain vibrancy and shine with Elumen Wash Shampoo, Care Spray and Intense Conditioner.
Patrick McIvor is Artistic & TechniCulture Director for Goldwell and KMS California.
[Image and video courtesy of Glow Communications]