Orlando Pita for PHYTO & T3 created low ponytails with soft natural-looking waves for the Derek Lam S/S 2014 presentation.
CREATE THE LOOK!
PRO Tip: It’s important to start with healthy hair. Pita recommends installing a filter to remove drying, damaging chlorine from water. He recommends Phytojoba shampoo and new Phytobaume Hydration Express Conditioner to use on clients before styling hair.
1. Split hair into 3 horizontal sections–one at the crown, one at the temple and one over the ears. Split each layer into 3” sections.
2. Spray each section with Phytolaque Soie Light Hold Hair Spray and blowdry with T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer.
3. Using the T3 BodyWaver 1.75” Styling Iron, create an “S” shaped wave using Pita’s “over/under” technique. Starting mid-way down head, hold iron horizontally and place it under the first section. Clamp section and hold in place for a few seconds.
4. Remove iron, then place it over section 2” down. Use other hand to hold the hair below the iron, lifting up and holding for a few seconds to create a soft bend in the opposite direction.
5. Continue to move down section repeating the “over/under” technique to create a soft, natural wave. Repeat on all other sections.
6. Apply PHYTO Professional Fiber Paste to create natural texture with a bit of hold.
7. Create a soft side part and secure hair in a low ponytail.
8. Finish with Phytolaque Soie Light Hold Hair Spray.
[Images courtesy of Jenna Muller PR]