For the third episode of the Joico Holiday Hairstyle video tutorial series, Joico’s Glam Hair Expert Katie Bilovol created a chic but edgy textured side ponytail with a Dutch braid that's perfect for a festive cocktail party. To complete the holiday look, TV Fashion pro Sydne Summer offers some fashion styling tips for the perfect outfit.
Get the Look:
- Section hair into a really heavy side part all the way down to the ear. Clip the heavy parted section to keep out of the hair. Tease the Crown of the back section.
- Gather the hair to create a low ponytail on the opposite side of the heavy parting, using a small dab of Super Shine Glossing Polish to give the ponytail some grip while you smooth it down, and tie it with a clear elastic band.
- Take the heavy side part that was clipped out of the way and create a Dutch braid. The center section of the braid get crossed over to the outside, alternating (opposite of a French Braid).
- Secure the Dutch braid with a clear elastic, and wrap it around the ponytail. Fasten the loose end with a bobby pin underneath.
- Add texture to the ponytail by “raking”/backcombing the hair with your fingers. Spray the ponytail with some Texture Boost Dry Spray Wax for added texture.
- Mist the finished hairstyle with Humidity Blocker to keep frizz away.
Styling Tips: The very best way to show off a pony? With a long, lean turtleneck that draws the eye high. Grab one with shimmery detailing—plus a skirt that’s equally heavy on the metal—and you’ve got an easy ensemble that’s ramped up for evening.
See all of Joico's video tutorials on www.joico.com
[Image courtesy of Joico]