It’s amazing what you can do with a single braid. In the video below, Ruth Roche, Artistic Ambassador for Pureology Serious Colour Care, shows Courtney Bright from darlingtwo.com how to create a braided headband. “Most people think braids need to be symmetrical and perfect and that’s just not the case; this version is pulled and flattened so it has more texture and width to resemble a headband,” says Roche.
Get the Look:
- Prepare hair with Pureology Strength Cure Cleansing Condition.
- Apply Pureology Highlight Stylist Sea-Kissed Texturizer to damp hair and dry with a diffuser.
- Take a section about 2 inches from one side of the head and clip hair above and around it away.
- Create a three-strand braid by crossing left over center and right over center, down the entire section and secure with an elastic.
- Working from top to bottom, pull the edges of the braid away creating a fuller flatter type of braid.
- Wrap braid up and over the head at an angle to create a headband and tuck the end underneath the hanging hair on the opposite side and secure at the elastic by crisscrossing two bobby pins in an “X” formation.
- Let the long hair hang over the bobby pins and over the base of the braid.
- Finish with Pureology Colour Stylist Strengthening Control Hairspray.
Look for other tips and tricks for a good hair day on www.ruthroche.com.
[Image/video courtesy of Glow Communications]