Celebrity Hairstylist Bryce Scarlett did Margot's hair for the event. “I felt like Margot’s dress resembled a beautiful dressing gown and wanted her to look like she rolled out of bed and threw it on with soft, natural hair,” he said.
To recreate the look by Bryce Scarlett for Moroccanoil, follow the below step-by-step instructions and products below.
Get The Look:
- On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment Light to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- Apply a palm-sized amount of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse, combing fingers through.
- Blow-dry with a Moroccanoil Ceramic 35mm Boar Bristle Round Brush starting at the roots.
- Spray with water and douse the last 3 inches of the hair and the sections around the face to recreate a natural air-dried wave.
- Diffuse the hair with Moroccanoil Professional Ceramic Hair Dryer for 20 minutes.
- As soon as the hair is dry, shake out and spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray, using fingers to work it through.
- Set the whole look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium.
Tracey Cunningham did Kristen Bell's golden locks. She said that she's all about natural-looking haircolor. She first started with babylights to keep the highlights super fine and less apparent. A root shadow will blended in the highlights with her natural color and also helps to minimize the line of demarcation.
"Avoiding brassiness is all about balancing the warm and cool tones," she said. "I love Shades EQ to help me achieve that – and it is just as important that clients help maintain their haircolor at home by using a color-safe shampoo like Redken Color Extend Magnetics or Blonde Idol."
To recreate Kristen's amazing blonde, follow the below formula:
- All-over foil highlight with Redken Flash Lift and 40 Vol Pro-Oxide developer
- Gloss Zone 1 with Shades EQ Gloss 1oz 09N + 1 oz 09NB + 2 oz Processing Solution
- Process for 5 minutes, then shampoo and condition with Redken Color Extend Magnetics
Alison Brie was also in attendance, as a nominee with her Netflix show, "Glow." Celebrity Stylist Rebekah Forecast used Oribe products to create Alison's stunning updo. To add an element of sophistication to Alison’s red carpet look, her ’80s shag haircut (that she currently has from filming the second season of GLOW) was worked into a cool, classic twisted bun at the nape of the neck. Volume in the front to give the illusion that her elaborate gown was elongated.
Step by Step:
- Prep damp hair with Oribe Run-Through Detangling Primer from mid-shaft to ends and brush through.
- Apply Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray on roots and Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse throughout for grip and volume.
- Using a round brush, blow dry while twisting the hair for movement and texture. Lift directly up from the root for added volume at the base.
- Once the hair is completely dry, spray Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo throughout and apply Supershine MoisturizIng Cream to ends.
- Twist sections of the hair at the front and pin into place while keeping the natural texture and volume at the crown before loosely sweeping hair into a ponytail at the back (just below the crown).
- Braid the ponytail and twist into a bun, pinning to hold in place at the nape of the neck. Apply Oribe Superfine Strong Hair Spray for hold.
- Finish with Oribe Shine Light Reflecting Spray.