During music’s biggest night, there was not a shortage of covetable hair looks. From cheeky ponytails to effortless waves (the trend is still going strong), Grammy attendees provided a surplus of hairstyles to copy as the spring weather gets warmer.
Hairstylist Danielle Priano styled the TikTok star’s hair into a look we can only dub as “chic surfer waves.” Priano breaks down how she styled the lived-in beach waves here:
- I started by applying the Healthy SexyHair Active Recovery Repairing Blow Dry Foam throughout the hair and then blow dried it in.
- Then, I used the Style SexyHair Protect Me 450˚F Hot Tool Protection Spray to protect the hair, and used a flat iron to create a messy and textured s curl wave with a back and forth pattern.
- Next, I used the Healthy SexyHair Re-Dew Conditioning Dry Oil & Restyler to give the hair a refresh and add some moisture while taming the hair, alongside the Big SexyHair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Finishing Spray to keep the hair in place all night.
- Lastly, I finished the look by adding Healthy SexyHair Love Oil Moisturizing Oil to give the hair a dewy look, and locked it all in with Big SexyHair Spray and Play Volumizing HairSpray to achieve a bed head, broken textured, effortlessly sexy look.
Actress Margaret Qualley’s hair was styled into a flirtatious ponytail by stylist Mara Roszak. The look was created to compliment Qualley’s black and white Chanel jumper. “The cute bike short meets classic Chanel inspired me to create a high pony with a slightly ‘80s feel. We wanted the pony to have some volume and natural wavy texture, while keeping it classic and swept off the face,” Roszak explained.
- Before I began with styling, I added the Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Leave-in Spray to Margaret’s damp hair to hydrate and protect it from any damage during the styling process.
- While her hair was still damp, I started by applying RŌZ St. Lucia Styling Oil and blew it dry with a small round brush, smoothing out random sections while maintaining Margaret’s natural texture around the face.
- I used the Wella Professionals EIMI Root Shoot Precise Root Mousse for some soft volume at the roots, and then using Margaret’s natural texture, I added a bit more bend with a 1 1/4” iron, keeping the soft wave consistent with hers.
- I pulled Margaret's ponytail quite high, just below the crown, leaving some soft natural face frame pieces out.
- Because I wanted the pony high but not too tight, I added bobby pins when needed to create the desired shape, pinning as I went. I wrapped a section of hair around her pony and pinned it in place without making it look too perfect.
- To add a bit of bounce and texture to the pony, I spritzed it with Wella Professionals EIMI Ocean Spritz Salt Hairspray and scrunched, followed by Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm Workable Finishing Hairspray to hold the hair in place.
- Finally, we added a barrette, off center in the back for an extra touch.
For Maren’s Grammy’s hair, we wanted to keep her hairstyle more ‘cool girl’ with Italian vibes to play up her custom Dolce & Gabbana look,” said Laura Polko. “This style made sense with her bangs, which felt cooler as opposed to going full Bardot.”
- The first step was using the T3 Airebrush Duo, which I used to blow out her whole head, working in smaller sections from the back forward, wrapping hair around the round brush attachment.
- To prep for styling, I worked in the Aquage Uplifting Foam and Aquage Sea Salt Texturizing Spray across each section. This was a great pairing to prep since we got ready on the earlier side, this combination provided long-lasting hold and texture, which held up nicely timed to when Maren hit the carpet.
- From there, I went back through the hair with the T3 Single Pass Curl, wrapping hair around in small sections, not leaving hair in too long and making sure to keep the ends out. As hair was cooling, I pulled the sections down, so it wasn’t too much of a curl, and more of a bend.
- For her bangs, I blew dry bangs side to side for a piecey look, working in a small amount of the Aquage Transforming Paste Lite into my hands, applying a little to the bottom and using some at the top of the hair for texture.
- To keep the look in place, I used the Aquage SeaExtend Volumizing Fix Hairspray all over her hair, for a messy yet chic look with piecey bangs that had a ton of hold thanks to Aquage’s Uplifting Foam.