“A modern blend of ‘70s African style and futuristic elements set the tone for the Tracy Reese collection this season," says lead hairstylist Bok-Hee. "While distinctive details such as print and the combination of layers came into play, the vision was to always keep the woman looking strong. The beauty look completely reflects this ultramodern vibe – the eyes are bold, while the nails are dramatic in design. With this in mind, I went about creating this linear, severe ponytail that perfectly complemented the overall finished look.”
Get the Look:
1. Apply SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Blow Out Cream to protect hair and add shine before drying.
2. Using a paddle brush, dry hair brushing away from the face, towards the crown of the head.
3. Massage SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé between hands and use to pull hair into a severe ponytail at the crown. Secure with an elastic.
4. Once secured, spray SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser onto paddle brush and smooth the ponytail.
5. Combine SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser and SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé in the palm of the hand and pull through the tail of the pony for intense shine and hold.
6. Wrap wire around the base of the ponytail and manipulate so that the wire sits in the center of the tail, unseen.
7. Twist the ponytail until it makes a tight rope with the wire in the center. Secure at the end with a small elastic.
8. Still holding the roped hair, loop it back to the base of the head and secure with bobby pins. This will create a loop with the hair that points in a diagonal away from the head.
9. Once firmly secured, twist the looped hair counterclockwise, creating a spiral effect.
10. Slick back any loose hairs around the face with SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Edge Treatment.
11. Finish by spraying SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist for hold and hydration.
[Photo Credit: Bennett Raglin]