It’s that time of the year again — time to make a list of New Year’s resolutions. Whether you stick to every single one, or break them all in the first week (hey, no judgement here!), you already know how to improve yourself. But, wouldn’t it be great if you could make New Year’s resolutions for your clients? You know the ones — the client that wants to go from black box dye to silver in one sitting, or the one who always insists your prices are too high. Without further ado, we present to you the 15 New Year’s hair resolutions we WISH clients would make.
1. I will not use box dye.
Repeat after us: it’s not worth it.
2. I will show up for my appointment — on time.
No more no shows.
3. I will understand and appreciate the process.
Lightening is a journey, not just a destination.
4. I will not ask for “three layers.”
It’s not a thing, people.
5. I will value my hairstylist’s time and worth.
You get what you pay for.
6. I will lay off the hot tools every once in a while.
Okay, to be fair, we know this one’s tough.
7. I will have realistic expectations.
No, you can’t be “golden blonde with no red or orange.”
8. I will not ask for discounts.
Friends of hairstylists, we’re looking at you.
9. I will not make weird noises at the shampoo bowl.
It’s just uncomfortable.
10. I will not attempt to bleach my own hair.
Please leave it to the pros.
11. I will always tell my hairstylist the truth.
Because we always know anyway.
12. I will be open to new things.
The trusting client is the best client.
13. I will practice patience.
Yes, we see you and no, we’re not ignoring you. We just have a million things to do.
14. I will not take hair coloring lessons from YouTube.
Seriously, just don’t.
15. I will always be nice to my hairstylist.
Think about it: do you really want to be rude to the person holding shears?