This Bridal Fashion Week, Redken Brand Ambassador Rodney Cutler capitalized on chic romance at Monique Lhuillier’s Spring 2018 Bridal Show.
“We went for a more natural, chic look at the Monique show," Cutler said. "It’s a simple look, since the dresses are so spectacular. I was inspired by a ballerina bun that a girl could do herself at home. I pulled the hair back into a low ballerina bun and raked my hands through it for a bit of a natural airy, texture, while finishing with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray and topping off some of the models’ hair with a floral embellishment. The hair is a fun, beautiful look that doesn’t take away from the clothes.”
To recreate the look, follow these steps:
- Prep hair with Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam for volume and light texture.
- Blow dry the product through the hair with flat brush, brushing the hair away from face.
- Using a 1” curling iron, curl throughout the length for added texture.
- Using your fingers, rake hair back into a not-too-tight ponytail, allowing baby hairs to fall.
- Taking the length of the ponytail, fold hair in half into itself to create a modern ballerina bun.
- Utilize bobby pins as needed to hold the bun.
- Finish with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray to add soft hold and shine.
[Images courtesy of Redken]