Academy Award-winning actress Anne Hathaway looked stunning fork the premiere of her new film, Colossal, on the Toronto International Film Festival red carpet in a fitted Rodarte floral dress with gold embroidery and sheer lace sleeves. To complement Anne’s elegant dress, celebrity hairstylist Anh Co Tran created an updated take on a classic romantic look using flow professional hair care products.
"The design of Anne’s Rodarte botanical dress was so amazing that we went for a look of ‘undone romance’ – soft, shiny and natural-looking yet very now,” explained Tran. “Though the style was deconstructed, every strand had to look vibrant, lustrous and weightless for the look to work. To accent the modern romantic theme, I added a small top knot for a whimsical touch."
With half-up 'dos gaining traction as one of the biggest trends of the year (see: Christina Aguilera, Ashley Benson, Mila Kunis, etc.), the look adds the perfect amount of on-trend polish to your client's everyday style. Best of all, it's simple to recreate. See the how-to below!
Get the Look:
- To prepare hair for styling, apply flow zeroFRICTION Detangling Treatment on damp hair to nourish and defrizz. Comb through. Immediately follow with flow radiantARMOR Heat Protect Spray to protect hair and amplify shine. Comb through.
- Next, layer in a pea-size amount of flow Boundless Body Plumping Lotion on damp hair at the roots, to create lift and style support. Follow with a pea-size amount of flow Touchable Texture Design Cream, applying to damp hair from mid-shaft to ends for flexible hold. Rough-dry until hair is 80% dry.
- Use fingers to lift hair at the roots while blow-drying to create fullness. Smooth out the ends by blow-drying them with a round brush.
- Using a 1-inch curling iron, create soft, flowing curls in sections.
- Once the curls are finished, re-apply a small amount of flow Touchable Texture Design Cream to dry hair using fingertips to break up the curls for undone texture.
- Take hair from the crown section and twist it into a topknot. Secure with bobby pins, leaving some hair out for a soft, undone, romantic look.
- Complete the style using flow impeccableFINISH Flex Working Hairspray.
For more information on flow, visit www.flowhaircare.com, or find them on Facebook, Twitter and on Instagram.