courtesy of Byrdie
The winners of the 2022 Byrdie Beauty Awards, or "The Byrdies," have been named.
The awards honor the best in beauty across the skin, makeup, body, hair, under $25 and beauty pros categories.
Byrdie's editors tested, analyzed and declared winners for 109 different beauty categories.
Winners were selected based on three criteria: efficacy, overall value and "that special something," the indescribable factor that makes a product a favorite.
Some product category winners include:
- Best Cleansing Balm: Eadem Dew Dream Cleansing Balm
- Best Overnight Mask: U Beauty The Barrier Bioactive Treatment
- Best Multi-Use Makeup Product: Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix Eye, Cheek & Lip Cream Pigment
- Best Hair Oil: Squigs Gooseberry Delight Hair Oil
- Best Eyeliner Under $25: Half Magic Magic Flik Liquid Eyeliner
Byrdie's top beauty pros include:
- The Influencer: Emira D'Spain, @xoxoemira
- The Founder: Priyanka Ganjoo, founder, Kulfi Beauty, @priyankaganjoo
- The New Guard: Hamah Harris, creator, Brown Girl Hands, @hannahharris__
- The Makeup Artist: Nina Park, @ninapark
- The Nail Artist: Zola Ganzorigt, @nailsbyzola
- The Hairstylist: Jawara Wauchope, @jawaraw
- The Esthetician: Kristyn Smith, @ksmithskin
- The Dermatologist: Michelle Henry, MD, FAAD, @drmichellehenry
- The Educator: Ranella Hirsch MD, FAAD, @ranellamd
- The Formulator: Ron Robinson, Chemist/CEO of BeautyStat and cosmetic chemist in residence at Rhode, @ronrobinsoncosmeticchemist