Courtesy of Dreamstime
The third season of Stranger Things featured iconic '80s hair looks created by Emmy-nominated stylist and co-department head on set, Katrina Suhrue.
She used Zotos Professional products to create the looks seen in the show.
On set of Stranger Things:
- Zotos Professional's Texture EFX perms, which is a cysteamine perm, was used on the set of Stranger Things to achieve the '80s looks for characters including Billy, Nancy and Karen.
- Hundreds of extras on set were asked to get a perm! To convince them, the hair department team permed their own hair to show the versatility.
- Zotos Professional's All About Curls collection was used to style and maintain the curly textures.
Perm options for your clients:
- Body Waves—for anyone looking for body or to help (as a base) hold hairstyles longer. Use Texture EFX for a smooth finish.
- Beach Waves—for anyone looking to use fewer thermal tools on their hair or achieve an undone, youthful style. Use Quantum Extra Body.
- Spot or Partial—for young adults in sports or those looking to change up their style. Use Quantum Firm Options for longevity and curl strength.
How often should your client perm?
- Getting a perm would depends on the client's hair and lifestyle. It could range from every three months to a year.
- For a client who washes their hair every day and has an athletic lifestyle, every three to four months would be recommended.
- For a client who doesn’t wash every day and uses professional products like All About Curls every six months would be appropriate, depending on the hair type.