Wedding Hair Is a Big Affair -- Survey discovers that 73% of women say their wedding is the biggest hair moment in their life.
Weddings take the cake when it comes to big “hair moments,” and women are willing to go to great lengths to ensure their hair looks picture-perfect beneath their veil. After all, this is a one-shot opportunity to turn heads and make the most glorious bridal entrance ever. In fact, according to a recent national *survey conducted by Wakefield Research on behalf of national hair brand Joico, over 70 percent of American women agree that the biggest “hair moment” of a woman’s life is her wedding. Armed with the insights of American women and an expert styling team, Joico offers a marriage of great hair styling advice and a chance for brides to win a beauty and fashion package for their monumental day.
The Pressure Is On
Wedding party woes, dress fitting disasters and a host of other worries plague brides-to-be. Actually, the survey also reported that one out of three women said they’d rather trip while walking down the aisle than have a wedding day hair fail. And yet, even amid all the self-induced anxiety, the survey shows that most brides don’t plan their hairstyle more than eight days prior to the wedding. Joico’s team of pros hooked up and vow to help women achieve hair greatness.
ider advice that guarantees “wows” down the aisle.
· Spray hairspray directly on a Mason Pearson brush to allow for smoothness and light control when brushed through the hair during styling
· Use products that are humidity resistant and “restyleable,” like the Joico Humidity Blocker
· Start with hair that isn’t too “freshly” washed or generously spray Joico Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo all over the hair for a little grip and ease of styling
· Use Joico Power Spray Fast-Dry Finishing Spray to “set” curls from a curling iron – this gives you that “hot roller” type of hold
· Joico Design Works is a workable spray that you can layer, spray around the head 12 inches from the head and also spray the brush for that incredibly smooth look
· For hair that retains curl well you can use a thicker curling iron or as hair is setting you can stretch the curl for a looser curl. Work Joico JoiShape, another great workable spray, onto the hair with hands, gather the hair and twist affixing a bobby pin
Get more picture-perfect wedding day hair ideas in Joico’s “Drab to Fab” hairstyling video series featuring Damien Carney: http://www.joico.com/joico-videos/
azzle to offer one lucky bride and her bridesmaids a chance to win styling for the big day. The wedding package starts with hair – a full styling session, including consultation days before the wedding, rehearsal dinner hair and wedding day hair styled by a Joico artist. Plus, ShoeDazzle will gift the bride and her ladies each a pair of wedding day shoes. And the gifts don’t stop there. The winning package also includes a bridal beauty basket extravaganza with products from Joico, NARS and Julep, a $500 gift card from Joico towards the bridal gift registry, and up to 10 bridesmaid gift totes (includes six Joico hair care products, $52 value). The total prize value exceeds $3,000.
“We are so excited to partner with ShoeDazzle.com for our Joico ‘Wows Your Vows’ sweepstakes online and on Pinterest,” remarks Valerie Robinett, public relations director at Joico. “The bridal category is a great opportunity to reach women at a poignant time in their lives, and Joico and ShoeDazzle complement each other perfectly by providing a chance for soon-to-be brides to win crucial pieces of their style puzzle – a personal hair stylist and the shoes of their dreams. We’ve got them covered from head to toe!”
The Joico Wows Your Vows Sweepstakes begins May 1, 2013 online. For more details and to enter, visit www.Joico.com or go directly to http://www.joico.com/pinterest-wedding-sweeps/?utm_campaign=wedding-release&utm_source=joico&utm_medium=email.
Entrants can “repin to win” the Wows Your Vows contest image to their own Pinterest bridal board using the hashtag #TurnHeads and enter the contest for a chance to win.
*Survey Methodological Notes
The Joico Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research among 505 nationally representative American women, ages 18 and older, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. female population 18 and older. The margin of error for this study is 4.4 percentage points.
Images: Courtesy of Joico