Courtesy of @alexander_armand ; Photo Taken by @tyrenredd
Quinta Brunson wore a chic updo to the SAG Awards.
Her hair was styled by celebrity hairstylist Alexander Armand (@alexander_armand) using tools from Olivia Garden.
“We collaborated and decided to go with a classic Hollywood glam aesthetic with a modern twist to match the spirit of her dress, an intricately beaded floor-length black and white gown by Jean-Louis Sabaji that is an absolute head-turner," Armand says of his inspiration for the hairstyle. "We used products that work well with creating texture and volume and act as superior styling agents to ensure Quinta’s coiffure remained intact on the red carpet. She commanded the attention she deserves.”
If you want to learn how to recreate this style, look no further. You can get a how-to from Armand below.
- Shampoo and condition the hair with Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter Shampoo & Conditioner to infuse moisture, make the hair easier to manipulate, and give a hydrated foundation.
- Blow-dry the hair with the Olivia Garden NewCycle Large Paddle Brush and the NEW Olivia Garden SuperHP Blow Dryer. Its high wattage allows for maximum regulated heat and even airflow to perfectly smooth the hair while cutting down drying time.
- Straighten the hair using the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion High Performance Professional Flat Iron set to 350 degrees to get just the right temperature to sleek the hair out.
- Gather the hair into a ponytail and create a perfect bun. Use Maui Moisture Flexible Hold + Coconut Milk Curl Foam Mousse and Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Ultra-Hold Gel and apply additional heat from the Olivia Garden SuperHP Blow Dryer to sleek the edges for the ponytail and manipulate the bangs to create a look inspired by the late great Josephine Baker. The combination of products and this technique gives the hair that super sleek and frizz-free finish.
- Style the ponytail with an artistic bun, and apply bobby pins to hold and complete the look.