Aubrey Plaza shined at the Critics’ Choice Awards on Sunday, January 15, 2023.
“When I saw the custom Louis Vuitton gown Aubrey Plaza was wearing to the Critics’ Choice Awards, I was overwhelmed with inspiration and immediately started pulling reference photos from the 90s,” Townsend says about his inspiration for the look. “I wanted her hair to look and feel effortless while still being carpet ready.”
You can get the how-to for Plaza’s look below.
- Prep hair by spraying with the Sol de Janeiro Milky Leave-In Conditioner throughout damp hair to get some much-needed hydration and protect hair from the heat styling tools.
- Blow dry hair with the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Hair Dryer to easily control the heat setting and airflow. Keep the airflow on high and heat on low to quickly blow dry the hair while protecting hair color. Use the Olivia Garden Nano Thermic Ceramic + Ion Round Thermal Brush to create volume at the root and a smooth finish.
- Next, use the Olivia Garden Titanium + Ion Flat Iron to get the hair super sleek for the updo. Keep the temperature set to 310 or below when styling.
- Add a few pumps of the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Glossy Nourishing Hair Oil in hands, and rake the product through hair from roots to ends to get tons of shine in the hair and ensure hair stays frizz-free.
- Gather hair into a French twist in the back while leaving the ends loose and securing them with a dozen hairpins.
- For the final touch, take a few more pumps of the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Glossy Nourishing Hair Oil in hands, and use Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Supreme 100% Boar Brush to brush the oil onto the hair on the sides and top to add unbelievable shine.