courtesy of @cindyduplantis
Cindy Duplantis, Sam Villa ambassador, Redken artist and celebrity stylist for Chatters Salon, shows how to create the massive bun and bow look.
Step by step:
- Create a front section in the fringe area, using a Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand 1.5" to curl hair up and away from the face. Secure with a clip to cool.
- Repeat the same sectioning and curling direction until the crown area.
- Pull outside sections and curl to give softness.
- Mist with a light-hold hairspray.
- Once curls have cooled, drop out sections (avoiding fringe section) and brush back to a high ponytail with a Sam Villa Artist Series Finishing Brush and secure with an elastic.
- Pull the elastic away from the head about two inches, create a parting hole and turn the tail up, over and through; then, pull tight.
- Gather ponytail together, twist and secure with a Duplantis Hair Official velvet jeweled hair bow.
- Drop out the fringe section with desired part.
- Mist finishing spray for hold and shine.