Courtesy of Sam Villa
Spooky season is not complete without whimsical Halloween hairstyles! If you're seeking some hair inspo, check out this Medusa-inspired look by Karla Valenzuela, Sam Villa ambassador and Redken artist.
Get the Look:
- Apply Redken Water Wax 03 and smooth hair with a Sam Villa Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush.
- Gather a high ponytail and tie a butchers knot with sewing elastic to secure.
- Wrap extension wefts around the ponytail and secure with pins.
- Insert a large donut form by pulling the ponytail through the hole and secure with bobby pins.
- Spray Redken Iron Shape 11 on all the ponytail hair for thermal protection and hold.
- Wave hair by alternating between the Sam Villa Pro Results Single-Waver and Double-Waver to give a variety of texture.
- Wrap hair around the donut form to create an oversized bun, leaving some strands hanging to show the waves.
- Embellish the bun with rubber snakes from a craft store, sprayed gold.
- Make "snake pins" by poking holes through the snakes and insert open-end pins through them.
- Apply Redken Hardwear 16 to baby hairs and tendrils, then use a small detail comb to create a wave that frames the face and mimics the shape of the snakes.
- Stick on small gems around the face-framing waves.
- Finish with Redken Triple Take 32 for strong hold.