Holiday season is here, which means it's time for gorgeous updos to be on-trend.
“High buns are wonderful because you get dramatic volume from the front, and the eye draws the profile up due to how high the ponytails are placed,” explains Haircut and Color Specialist Jamie McDaniel (@jamiemcdhair).
Below, she shares a tutorial for a stunning high bun wrapped up in a pretty bow for the season.
- Directionally blow dry hair with volumizing hair mousse, a professional blow dryer and a paddle brush.
- Randomly crimp sections throughout the interior of hair with a texturizing iron to add grip and volume.
- Use a tail comb to part a diagonal line behind both ears, meeting at the top of the crown. Secure with an elastic to create the first ponytail.
- Starting at center front, use the tail comb again to create a zigzagged diagonal back parting 1” into the hairline and drop out. Create a voluminous, organic second pony that sits up close to the first pony.
- Create a braid with the hair from the first pony. Pinch and pull until preferred volume is achieved and pin up with bobby-pins/grips.
- Polish off second pony and hair dropped out around face with a professional straightening iron to add a slight bend in the hair.
- Divide pony into 4 sections and organically pin into preferred location around the braided bun.
- Polish off and secure with max hold hairspray and a holiday bow.