The 2017 MTV VMAs were filled with tons of award-winning red carpet looks, many being beauty looks that were glamourous yet minimalistic. This year, one of the ongoing trends during the event was effortlessly styled and touched colored hair. Both Paris Jackson rocking fierce waves and Olivia Munn’s beachy waves with a darker balayage were examples of these stars looking amazing! Read below for tips on how to recreate them!
Styling Tips by Nick Stenson:
- To prep hair, use Biolage R.A.W Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner
- To prep dry hair, apply Biolage R.A.W. Smoothing Styling Milk to ease the grip of blow dry and nourish.
- Create a center part and comb around the hairline giving the hair direction.
- Spray with Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray to give definition then use a ¾ inch barrel curling iron to curl hair and brush the waves through to keep them soft.
- Spray the Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray through the hair to maintain frizz and protect from humidity.
- Finish it off with the Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray to set and add hold to the hair
Color Formulas by George Papanikolas:
Olivia Munn’s Formula:
Formula: 2 scoops Light Master & 2 oz. 30 Volume & Bond Ultim8 Step 1 Amplifier
Formula 1 (root color) 2 oz. Color Sync 5N & 2 oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer
Formula 2 (ends) 2 oz. Color Sync 8M & 2 oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer
Melt the 2 formulas at the mid shaft
Paris Jackson’s formula:
Formula 1 (root color): Equal parts Color Sync 6A 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer
Formula 2 (mids): 2 scoops Light Master & 1 oz. 40 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & Bond Ultim8 Step 1 Amplifier
Formula 3 (ends): 2 scoops Light Master & 2 oz. 40 Volume & Bond Ultim8 Step 1 Amplifier & 2 oz. 20 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer
[Images from Getty Images]