Hairstylists and co-owners of Nine Zero One Salon, Nikki Lee and Riawna Capri, were on-site at Coachella this past weekend helping festival-goers get glam. Among their weekend one clients were actresses Nina Dobrev, who opted for a boho chic vibe with relaxed waves and fun feather accents, Vanessa Hudgens, who wore a voluminous deconstructed ponytail style, Lea Michele, who chose a trendy double Boxer braid, and Emma Roberts, who topped off her look with easy glam waves.
Perfect for clients attending weekend two, headed to a different music festival, or simply looking for a fun summer style, these four looks can be recreated with the how-tos below!
- Braid a section of hair from underneath and secure a feather at the end with a leather tie.
- To add body and curl to the rest of the hair use the T3 Whirl Convertible Interchangeable Styling Wand.
- S Factor by TIGI Vivacious Hairspray will help hold it in place.
- Finish off the look with a dream catcher piece from @purplebeetle.
- This look is best with rough-dried hair using the T3 Proi Professional Hair Dryer to create a more disheveled look.
- Then, section 3 large pieces of hair from top, middle and bottom into their own ponytails. This will create the look of one long one.
- Next, apply Bed Head by TIGI Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm and scrunch the hair for a perfected "messy" look. Add feathers at ends of hair to keep the festive look going.
- Start by smoothing hair using T3 SinglePass Straightening and Styling Iron to get hair silky and shiny.
- Next, spray Bed Head by TIGI Oh Bee Hive! dry shampoo at roots to give hair some grip.
- Sectioning is very important for this style, so be sure to create a very clean line using the center of the forehead as a guideline all the way to the nape of the neck.
- Using a boar bristle styling brush, spray S Factor by TIGI Vivacious Hairspray all along the part and hair line to smooth hair and tame fly-aways.
- After prepping and sectioning into two ponytails, start braiding. Taking 3 very fine sections of hair, braid a Boxer braid (similar to an inside-out French braid) right at the start of the hair line in the center of the head. Braid tightly all the way down until about 2-3 inches of hair remain, and secure with an elastic band.
- Finish by braiding remaining section of hair.
- Rough-dry the hair with T3 PROi dryer.
- Use the T3 SinglePass 2 Straightening and Styling Iron to smooth hair out.
- Curl the mid-shaft with the Twirl 360 leaving ends out to create a loose style curl.
- Finish with TIGI Thickening Spray.