Celebrity hairstylists and co-owners of nine zero one salon, Riawna Capri and Nikki Lee, recently turned to Bed Head and S Factor by TIGI products to create #UrbanGlam styles for a few of their A-list clients attending Coachella this year. The duo was also on-site in Indio last weekend where The Beauty Coach (their luxury beauty salon on wheels) offered a variety of looks that were perfect for festival season.
“The festival season has created its own trendsetting community," said Riawna and Nikki. "Since everyone spends so much time planning their outfits for festival season, we wanted to be able to complete their looks by offering braids, glitter parts, flower crowns, and spirit tattoos. The Beauty Coach is now the go-to mobile salon and thrilled to be a part of festival season!”
Help your clients gear up for weekend two with these 4 festival-ready looks!
- On dry hair, create a center part and use a flat iron to smooth hair from root to mid-shaft, leaving the ends textured.
- Secure hair into two low pigtails below each ear with elastics.
- Use S Factor by TIGI Creamy Molding Wax on the lengths of the pigtails to create a base for the braids.
- Using a 3-strand technique, braid the hair half way down the length and then loop the braid through itself. Continue until nearly reaching the end and secure with an elastic.
- Apply Bed Head by TIGI Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm to hands and lightly pull apart the length of the braid for a distressed look.
- Set with S Factor by TIGI Vivacious Hairspray to keep braids in place.
- Section dry hair horizontally from temple to high-crown and again from ear to low-crown, securing each section with an elastic.
- Using a fishtail technique, braid each section and secure with an elastic.
- Apply Bed Head by TIGI Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm to your fingertips and loosely pull the braid apart to expand its shape.
- To create the “rosette” shape, coil the fishtail braids and secure with bobby pins.
- Set the look with S Factor by TIGI Vivacious Hairspray and gently tousle hair at the hairline for an undone feel.
- Roughly blow-dry hair using fingers until completely dry. Use Bed Head by TIGI Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm from root to ends to create a base for the braids.
- Starting on one side of the head, use a French braid technique to braid across the top of the head until you reach the nape at the back of the head. Secure with an elastic. Repeat on the other side of the head.
- Wrap the ends of the braids around to the front of the head and tuck ends underneath, secure with bobby pins.
- Set with S Factor by TIGI Vivacious Hairspray.
- Vertically section the hair in the middle of the head, using the arch of each eyebrow as a guide.
- French braid this section from front to back and secure with a clear elastic when you reach the top of the crown. Make sure it isn’t too high or too low.
- Add Bed Head by TIGI Joyride Texturizing Powder Balm to palms and apply to the remaining length of the small ponytail to get texture.
- Tease this section with a comb, divide the tail into two sections and tie them in a knot, securing with bobby pins.
- Curl the rest of the hair with a 1-inch barrel curling iron to add wave and movement.
- Perfect the messy look by applying a bit of S Factor by TIGI Creamy Molding Wax to palms and run through hair.