Redken Global Creative Director Guido recently created two low chignons to add a youthful, modern twist to a traditionally sophisticated look at the Christian Dior Fall/Winter 2016 show at Paris Fashion Week. “This is an elegant, polished Dior woman but with a simple and young charm to her," says Guido. "The look has a bit of a nod to the 1920s but in an unconventional way, giving a more youthful feel to an ‘older’ hairstyle. The part is exaggerated and deep on one side; it’s not a classical part. A bun felt too matronly so instead, I created two small knots, almost like a double chignon."
Show: Christian Dior F/W 2016
The Look: Double Twisted Buns
- Starting with damp hair, create a clean, deep side part on left side of head. Apply Redken guts 10 volume spray foam to the hairline.
- Blow-dry hair straight using a round brush.
- Create a clean middle section in the back and separate into two ponytails, one on either side of the head. Using fingers, comb through each ponytail to create a rich, easy look. Secure each ponytail with an elastic.
- Twist each ponytail into a tight, low knot, ensuring they are symmetrical on both sides of the head and situated directly beneath the ear. Secure each knot with pins.
- Spray Redken forceful 23 super strength hairspray for lasting hold.
- At the hairline on the right side, use a brush to gently loosen a small section of hair. Using fingers, push section backward to create slight lift and a matte, natural look.