Celebrity stylist Ted Gibson worked with actress Saoirse Ronan (Brooklyn) for the New York Film Critics Circle Awards on Monday night. “I’m so excited for Saoirse and all the amazing things she has on the horizon," said Gibson. "I have no doubt that soon she’ll be a household name – I really enjoy working with her and she’s super talented!"
To complement her chic, one-shoulder dress, Gibson created soft, loose waves. "With this look, I wanted Saoirse to have an effortless, wavy, downtown chic style to compliment her perfect little black dress," he said. "The textured wave won’t be going anywhere in 2016! It’s perfect for women with fine hair that want to add a bit of volume and texture to their look."
Get the Look:
- "I started off with freshly shampooed and conditioned hair," said Gibson. "I then applied L’Oreal Professionnel’s Densite spray for density and to lift the roots a bit.
- "Next, I dried her hair by rough-drying with my fingers at first and finished with my dual bristle round brush to smooth out the cuticle.
- "Once her hair was dry, I parted her hair down the middle for that classic girl-next-door look. To achieve the waves, I used a 1 ¼ inch curling iron and taking 1-inch sections, wrapped it around the base of the iron, leaving the ends out.
- "Then, I applied 2 pumps of Kérastase Cristalliste Serum Lumiere throughout her hair for a bit of shine.
- "The key to achieving this undone look is not to brush or comb out your waves. Rather, twist and define the waves more with your fingers while spraying René Furterer’s Spray Texturisant for added texture and hold."