During the first-ever Men's Fashion Week in NYC, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Hair Styling, Allen Ruiz, embraced natural texture at Public School's Spring 2016 show. “This is my fourth season with designers Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne. Each time their designs get more innovative which allows me to have that much more fun with styling the hair,” Ruiz said. Embracing the natural texture and style of each model's hair, Ruiz created a series of perfectly imperfect looks to complement the utilitarian menswear that was set against a police lineup backdrop.
Get the Look:
1. Prep towel-dried hair with the new Aveda Thickening Tonic by spraying thoroughly from roots to ends, in sections.
2. Comb through to distribute evenly.
3. Blow-dry hair with fingers.
4. Emulsify a dime-size dollop of Aveda Men Pure-Formance Grooming Cream between the palms of the hand and gently massage in hair.
5. Take a small amount of Aveda Men Pure-Formance Pomade to mold the hair into the desired style.
6. Set with a light misting of Air Control Hair Spray.
[Images courtesy of Aveda]