Now Matrix haircolor artists have an exciting new tool that can be used to boost, soften and create bespoke color results! New SOBOOST Color Additives, which can be added to most Matrix SOCOLOR and Color Sync formulas, provide colorists with four, pure, bright tones for immediate intensifying or neutralizing effects. The result? Unlimited artistry, unlimited customization, unlimited client satisfaction!
SOBOOST direct dyes come in four shades:
- Blue—ideal for neutralizing unwanted brassiness and warmth when lifting hair; and for adding cool tones to dark hair.
- Red—a go-to for intensifying favorite red, red-violet and violet formulas.
- Copper—use it to boost vibrancy in auburns, warm browns and golden blondes.
- Yellow—an excellent solution for brightening brunettes and softening a too-strong red.
Each of the SOBOOST shades can also be mixed with Clear formulas to create soft pastel tones, or applied “full strength” to pre-lightened hair for bold, vivid effects. All are intermixable for an endless variety of shade results.
SOBOOST figures prominently in the new Graffiti Nation collection from Matrix. This collection interprets the true American art form and brings it to life, celebrating hair as a canvas for shape, texture, color and finish. Among the SOBOOST-enhanced formulas appearing in Graffiti Nation are:
- 1 oz. Color Sync Clear + ½ oz. Color Sync 4RV+ and ½ oz. SOBOOST Red + 2 oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer to create a vivid, violet “halo.”
- 1 oz. SOCOLOR Clear + 3 drops SOBOOST Blue + 2 drops SOBOOST Red + 1 oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer and 1 oz. SOCOLOR Clear + 3 drops SOBOOST Red + 1 oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer to create violet and pink accents on a blonde base.
- 1½ oz. SOCOLOR 6RR+ and ½ oz. SOBOOST Red + 2 oz. 30 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer for vivid ruby lights in a dark brown base.
Matrix SOBOOST will be available in fine salons in March of 2015.