courtesy of @maggiemh via TikTok
Schwarzkopf Professional BLONDME's top hair artists share what hair trends are in and out this fall season, below.
- IN-DEMAND CUT AND STYLING: "As far as cuts go, baby bangs and disconnected face frames are coming in hot. I never thought we would see the day curled bangs would come back around, but I'm seeing very thin fine pieces that are curled under. For styling, I see very natural looks. Air-dried hair, heatless curls, and waves from sleeping in braids, as far as casual days go."
- "IN" COLOR: "Mega contrast and big money pieces are out and a soft, blended mini pop of color is in! People are ditching their textured, beachy waves and are opting for a sexy blowout. People are wanting even more natural looks than previous years and very subtle pops of color that look like we did something, but nothing at the same time."
- "IN" STYLE: "Blowouts are back! Far less clients are asking for heat styling and curling. I think a blowout will continue to be popular throughout the fall and winter."
- "OUT" COLOR: I think really chunky money pieces are on the way out. Really subtle, or no money piece at all, are what's popular.
- FALL COLOR TREND: "Moving into the fall, I'm seeing a lot of minimal contrast to one-dimensional hair color. I love this trend. It allows for a more customizable natural-looking hair color that is perfect for each client."
- FALL CUT TREND: "As for cuts, I've had a lot of requests for '90s-inspired long layers. The '90s layered cut is a cut that can be worn by most textures."
- FALL COLOR TREND: "Warm and neutral tones are the go-to this fall, and high-contrast money pieces and root melts are on their way out."
- FALL STYLING TREND: "Instead of heat styling, clients are wanting bouncy blowouts, effortless-looking texture and beveled ends, and their concerns are mostly centered around heat protection and moisture."