The Kao Global Experience took place in Amsterdam from October 2-3, 2022.
Close to 2,300 Kao family stylists from around the world attended two days full of shows, a competition as well as artistic and academic sessions.
“It was a huge pleasure to be able to host the event live again this year. Our salon owners and stylists were thrilled. According to our stylists, attending this year’s Kao Salon event was like coming home to a family reunion–if your family was made up of the coolest, most creative people in the industry. It’s a place to meet up with like-minded artists and create friendships for life. Every type of creativity was waiting for the guests–from the contemporary color and style of Goldwell to the street style craftsmanship of KMS and the chic, editorial styling of Oribe,” says John Moroney, VP of creative and communication.
The announcement of the Global Creative Award winners and the premiere of HAIR EVERY WEAR 2.0—Goldwell’s new collection from brand global ambassador Angelo Seminara—were a few of the numerous highlights of the two days.
Global Creative Awards Winners include:
New Talent Colorist of the Year
- Gold: Tiew Pei Yu from Malaysia
- Silver: Emily Kooistra from Canada
- Bronze: Lucia McEvoy from United Kingdom
Creative Colorist of the Year
- Gold: Junz Loke from Singapore
- Silver: Ian Lee Jia Pei from Malaysia
- Bronze: Tasha Yip from Hong Kong
Creative Haircutter of the Year
- Gold: Daniela Farzetti from Italy
- Silver: Rafael Monzó López from Spain
- Bronze: Alex Tant from USA
Editorial Colorist of the Year
- Gold: Ben Driscoll-Price from United Kingdom
- Silver: Amy Wardley from United Kingdom
- Bronze: Jack Mead and Lydia Wolfe from United Kingdom
Avant Garde Stylist of the Year
- Gold: Tom Yek Teng Siong from Malaysia
- Silver: Manou Grijsen from Netherlands
- Bronze: Abbie Jackson from Australia
Salon Team of the Year
- Gold: Siew Thiam Kui from Malaysia
- Silver: Rafa Monzó López from Spain
- Bronze: Donna Page from United Kingdom
Men’s Hairstylist of the Year:
- Gold: Andrew Plester from United Kingdom
- Silver: Jeffrey Den Dikkenboer from Netherlands
- Bronze: Jos Verzijlberg from Netherlands
One salon per continent was recognized for its leadership in salon sustainability.
- Representing Europe, the recognition for “Salon Sustainability Leadership” goes to: Floke, Norway
- Representing North America, the recognition for “Salon Sustainability Leadership” goes to: Gene Juarez Salons, Spas & Academies, United States of America
- Representing Asia, the recognition for “Salon Sustainability Leadership” goes to: red hill hair salon, Hong Kong
Those who were not able to join the event live in Amsterdam can watch it online.