Rare Beauty Brands has partnered with Black Girl Ventures (BGV) and Ulta Beauty to launch their second pitch competition.
The goal of this competition is to increase awareness and provide Black/Brown woman-identifying founders in the beauty industry with access to community-, capital- and capacity-building in order to meet business milestones that lead to economic advancement through entrepreneurship.
After an initial voting period, seven finalists from across the country will be chosen for the final round.
- America will be invited to vote by making financial contributions in support of their favorite pitch via Raisify, where they can vote with their dollars.
- The public can register to attend the live broadcast competition happening on April 7, 2022 at 6 PM EST here.
- Voting closes on April 14, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
- The winner will be announced the week of April 25, 2022.
Information about the finalists:
- Aeva Beauty–based in Los Angeles; creates quality, cruelty-free, vegan multipurpose products that are inclusive to all hues and skin complexions
- The Root Remedy–based in Los Angeles; first Black female-founded beauty gummy supplement brand and makes beauty and health inclusive and genuine
- The Braid Releaser–based in Los Angeles; hair tools that aid in healthy maintenance and provide a pain-free, time-efficient experience
- House of Foster–based in Colombus, New Jersey; a modern fragrance house rooted in intention that positively provoke the senses
- Glitter Realm–based in Miami Beach; creates ultra-pigmented and vibrant, 100-percent cruelty free and vegan makeup
- Dosso Beauty–based in New York City; an organic beauty supplier and wholesaler that sells hair care, skin care, beard care, cosmetics and eco-friendly beauty tools
- Flora + Noor–based in Nicholasville, Kentucky; the only halal-certified skincare brand based in the US; truly inclusive, vegan, and cruelty-free skincare that’s clinically effective
Prizes for winning the competition include access to corporate mentoring post-competition provided by Rare Beauty Brands, and the top winners will receive a six-month special collection launch at Ulta.com.