Aveda Global Artistic Director for Makeup, Janell Geason, helped make magic with an earthy eye and a chic, delicately stained lip at Costello Tagliapietra Fall/Winter 2015. Design team Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra ventured into a romantic enchanted forest that featured bold silhouettes in hues of deep spruces and wooded browns with touches of wines, golds and teals. To complement these strong design elements, Geason created beautiful luminous skin, earthy eyes and a matte lip with a blended pop of subtle color.
“My goal was to create a youthful, fresh look by bringing out the natural color and overall shape of the eyes by accenting them,” Geason said. “It’s the perfect enchanted look to complement the collection."
Get the Look:
1. On freshly washed and dried skin, apply Aveda Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisture Broad Spectrum with SPF 15. Apply Inner Light Concealer where needed; set with Inner Light Mineral Loose Powder.
2. Apply Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Moon from lash line to crease of the lid. In the inner contour of the eye, apply the medium color in the Petal Essence Eye Color Trio in Gobie Sands.
3. On the upper and lower line of the lashes, a third of the way to the outer edge of the eyes, apply Petal Essence Eye Definer in Black Orchid; smudge with an eye shadow applicator.
4. Groom brows by brushing up and over, and then set with Petal Essence Eye Color Trio in Gobi Sands. Apply Mosscara in Earth on the upper and lower lashes.
5. Contour cheeks with Petal Essence Face Accents in Tesserae.
6. Pre-mix Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze in Pink Hibiscus and Fire Poppy on the back of the hand, then dab lightly to the lips with an eye shadow applicator.
[Images courtesy of Aveda]