Celebrity stylist Ted Gibson styled Idina Menzel for her performance of the National Anthem at last night's game. Said Gibson, "I’ve been in Arizona since Wednesday working with Idina for all of her press leading up to the game. The atmosphere here is amazing, even though it’s rained quite a bit. The stadium at the University of Pheonix has been buzzing with energy all week. I even got a chance to take a pic with the some of the Sea Gal cheerleaders during Idina’s Access Hollywood interview!"
"The whole week, Idina has been amazing – super happy, so ecstatic to follow behind the likes of Whitney Houston, Beyoncé and Cher in singing the National Anthem! I am so honored to have been able to be a part of this incredible moment in her life. The look I created for is her favorite and is classic Idina – the Gibson girl wave!
Get the Look:
1. Says Gibson, "I started off with freshly-shampooed and conditioned hair. Idina’s look is all about effortless texture. To help achieve this, I applied 3 different products to her hair before blow-drying. At the root I used Kerastase Volumfique mousse for volume, on the mid-shaft and ends I applied Kerastase’s Volumfique spray, then on top of that I used Kerastase’s Densimorphose mousse. I find that the combination of these products give hair amazing body, texture and lift. The stylists in both my NYC and Fort Lauderdale salons use these products and the rest of the Kerastase line on all of our Gibson girls and guys.
2. "Next, I dried her hair by rough-drying with my fingers at first and finished with my dual bristle round brush to smooth out the cuticle.
3. "Once her hair was dry, I parted her hair down the middle for that classic girl-next-door look. To achieve the waves, I used a 1 ¼” curling iron and, taking 1” sections, wrapped it around the base of the iron, leaving the ends out. This trick is the difference between your mother’s curls and the effortless wave that is EVERYTHING right now. I finished the wave by flat ironing the ends.
4. "Another key step to this look is to finger through the waves with your hands. This softens the wave and helps to blend them together.
5. "To make sure that she was ready for her big moment, I sprayed her hair with L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold and she was off!"
[Images: top: Getty Images/Kevin Mazur; bottom: courtesy of Ted Gibson Beauty]