John Legend may have won the Golden Globe last night for Best Original Song, but it was Chrissy Teigen who stole the red carpet spotlight with her blush pink sheath gown and chic, tousled ponytail. Celebrity hairstylist and International Creative Director for Macadamia Professional, Giannandrea, was inspired to create an effortless style that pulled Chrissy's hair up and away from the face and neck, allowing the details of the dress to really shine. It was a modern, elegant take on the playful pony, which perfectly accented the rest of her look.
Get the Look:
1. Apply Macadamia Professional Foaming Volumizer on wet hair before blow drying the whole head with a large round brush to create ample volume at the roots and length.
2. Use a 1-inch curling iron and curl the whole head in waves.
3. Once the hair is set in waves, apply a generous dollop of Macadamia Professional Whipped Detailing Cream and run hands throughout the hair, using fingers to create supple separation and texture all the way through the ends.
4. Gather hair into a high ponytail, slightly below the crown. Tie the pony into an elastic band and take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic band covering it. Keep the pony playful by using your fingers to open it up and make it wide, textured and volumized.
5. Make sure the style is not too tight around the face by creating volume at the front with separation. Leave some fly-aways and small pieces on the sides for an effortless look.
6. Spray in place with Macadamia Control Working Spray to protect against humidity and set for a night out.
[Image: Kevork Djansezian/NBC via Getty Images]