Celebrity stylist DJ Quintero for Alterna Haircare created Katie Holmes' super-sleek, extra-long ponytail for last night's Golden Globes' red carpet. DJ wanted to create a modern, clean look to compliment Katie’s strapless, eggplant-colored Marchesa dress. Katie wasn’t wearing any jewelry, so DJ created a deep-parted, low pony-tail to compliment her striking features and elegant, bare neckline.
Get the Look:
1. Katie had just arrived from the beach, so DJ treated her dry hair with a boost of hydrating Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Pure Kendi Treatment Oil, letting it soak for 10 minutes.
2. Next, DJ washed Katie’s hair with Alterna Haircare Caviar Replenishing Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner.
3. On damp hair, DJ mixed a small amount of the Alterna Haircare Caviar Seasilk Oil Gel with the Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Omega (+) Nourishing Oil, and brushed it through with a Mason Pearson brush.
4. Using a large, round brush, DJ blow-dried Katie’s hair on high heat and parted it far to Katie’s left-hand side.
5. DJ prepped Katie’s dry hair with the Alterna Haircare Caviar Perfect Iron Spray, and then used a thin Sedu Revolution Diamond flatiron, from root to tip, to create a super smooth look.
6. DJ gathered Katie’s parted hair low at the nape of her neck, and secured it using a hair bungee. He wrapped several small pieces of hair around the bungee to hide it, and secured those strands with bobby pins.
7. DJ finished by spraying an ample amount of Alterna Haircare Caviar Perfect Texture Finishing Spray to the top of Katie’s head, and applied a dime-size amount of Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Micromist to her ends.
[Image: Getty Images/Michael Tran]
Meanwhile, Wella Professionals stylist, Gavin Harwin gave Golden Globe nominee Lorde a similar look. Says Harwin, “Taking the idea of a bound horse’s tail, I wanted to make the most of all the hair Lorde has while keeping it cool and modern.”
Get the Look:
1. Starting with damp hair, spray Wella Professionals LuxeOil Leave In Conditioning Spray from root to tip.
2. Create a strict side part and blow dry with round brush.
3. Apply a dime size amount of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Elixir to mid-lengths and ends.
4. Use a flat iron section by section to amplify shine and sleekness.
5. Tightly tie hair at the nape of neck, wrapping the first three inches securely in 3/4 inch elastic band.
6. Spread a generous amount of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Elixir through the ponytail to create super high shine.
7. Finally, set the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray and a last mist of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray to finish.