For the fourth look in the Joico Holiday Hairstyle video tutorial series, Joico Glam Hair Expert Katie Bilovol added a fun twist to the classic ponytail for a simple but elegant look. The twisted pony is a perfect transitionary look - take a basic work-day pony up a notch and you're instantly ready for the holiday office party. And to really amp up the wow-factor, Katie recommends weaving a vibrant ribbon through hair for a fun pop of color that's sure to turn heads.
Check out Joico's step-by-step guide for creating this holiday look for your client, or even for yourself!
Prep: Wash hair with Moisture Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner to quench dry, winter hair. Blow dry hair with a large, round brush to create volume.
1. Create a triangle parting at top of head and separate out.
2. Lift your chin up and put your head back to help brush hair up into a very high ponytail – the higher the pony, the sleeker, and trendier it looks. Spray Power Spray on the hair as you keep brushing the ponytail up to tame the fly-aways. Secure the ponytail with clear elastic.
3. Gently backcomb the top section to create texture. Gather this section and give the piece a twist, securing it into the ponytail with a bobby pin, continuing to wrap the end of this section around the clear elastic on the ponytail. Secure with a bobby pin.
4. Split the ponytail into two sections and twist into the same direction then cross both sections in together until you reach the end. Secure the end of the hair with a hair tie.
*This is where you can add in the ribbon, twisting the ribbon with the sections.
5. Starting at the top of the twist, gently tug some of the hair all the way down to make the twist look full. Squeeze a small dime-size amount of Super Shine Glossing Polish into the palm of your hand, rubbing your palms through the twist, polishing off the hairstyle.
To see Joico's full collection of holiday hairstyle video tutorials, please visit www.joico.com
[Images courtesy of Joico]