O&M Creative Director Janelle Chaplin went for a modern tomboy 'do for the Veronica Beard Spring/Summer 2014 show. Inspired by the opulence and energy of the city that never sleeps, the look drew from NYC in the 1980s and combined uptown glamour with a Run DMC twist. Complimenting the collection's vivid colors and bold prints, the resulting style is cool and understated!
(click on the next page to create the look!)
1. Prep dry hair by applying a generous amount of O&M Rootalicious Root Lift Spray throughout the roots to ends.
2. Blow dry with a round brush, pulling hair backwards from the hairline.
3. At the top of the head, tease hair by backcombing gently to give extra volume and then smooth over with a flat brush.
4. Using a mixture of O&M Style Guru Styling Cream and O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum, slick back the sides of the hair from the ear to the top of the head to give a “wet look.”
Stylist Tip: You should look like you’ve stolen your boyfriend’s products to create the look.
5. Finish with O&M Original Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray to keep the look in place and rake fingers gently through hair to ensure the style is modern and undone.
PRODUCTS AND TOOLS » [pagebreak]
- Round Brush
- Hair Dryer
- Flat Brush
- O&M Original Queenie Firm Hold Hairspray
- O&M Rootalicious Root Lift Spray
- O&M Style Guru Styling Cream
- O&M Frizzy Logic Shine Serum
[Images courtesy of BPCM]