For Pink's gorgeous photo shoot with photographer Deborah Anderson, celebrity hairstylist Marcia Hamilton created two picturesque looks: a Marilyn Monroe-inspired retro coif, and—the high-volume 'do of the moment—a pumped up pompadour. Hamilton shares tips for creating both show-stopping styles.
3. Blow-dry hair with a medium, round boar-bristle brush.
4. Clip extension pieces into the crown of the hair, leaving out enough hair on the perimeters for coverage.
5. Spray hair with a thermal protection spray like White Sands Liquid Texture Firm, curling the entire head with a medium to large curling iron.
6. To add streaks of playful color, apply colored powder with a makeup brush and set the style with a medium-hold hairspray, while teasing roots and combing through the curls.
Take a nickel-sized amount of pomade into your hands and rub them together. Apply pomade to the sides and back of the hair.
4. Brush sides back. If the hair is too long, secure with bobby pins.
5. Take the pins out of the crown, tease the hair, and run your fingers through the curls. For maximum hold and volume, spray with White Sands Stuck Up Mega Hold Hairspray.
Products available at www.whitesandsproducts.com.
[Images: Deborah Anderson]
Related: Celebrity Hair: Dame Helen Mirren’s Daring Pink ‘Do | Hairstyle Portfolio: Diva Futura | Hair Style Portfolio: Ulf Gattert's "Hairhunter" | Hair Styles Portfolio: Wella Professional's "Sound of Color" | Hair Styles PORTFOLIO: Metro Mania | Hair Styles PORTFOLIO: High Fashion on Haight | Hair Style PORTFOLIO: Lions, Models and Bears