Golden Globes Best Actress nominee Naomi Watts attended the 70th Annual Golden Globes looking stunning in a side-swept bob, which stylist Giannandrea Maronglu created using Matrix products.
Going into the night, both stylist Giannandrea Marongiu and Naomi Watts knew they wanted to create a classic look. He turned to Old Hollywood greats, such as Carole Lombard, for inspiration, creating a faux, side-swept bob. Describing the look as “a bit more modern than Old-Hollywood,” Giannandrea gently brushed out the curls for an updated take on a classic style.
- Starting with wet hair, Maronglu sprayed Matrix Total Results Blonde Care Flash Filler (available in February) evenly throughout the hair before blow-drying in order to “enhance and bring out Naomi’s blonde color”
- He then Applied Matrix Total Results Amplify Foam Volumizer throughout the roots and partially down the length to create volume and all-night hold
- Using a medium round brush, he blow-dried hair in sections to create soft fullness, then created a deep side part
- Prior to curling hair with a ½-inch curling iron, he gently sprayed Matrix Total Results Amplify Hairspray on each section to gently and softly hold the curls while also providing shine
- Next, he gently brushed out hair so waves were soft, feminine and modern
- Put Matrix Design Pulse Mega Dust on a boar bristle brush and brushed through hair very gently in order to stretch the waves and give it texture
- Taking a pea-size amount of Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment, gently ran hands over hair to tame flyaways and provide a subtle, weightless shine
- Tied a rubber band halfway down the length and folded hair up and under in order to create a faux bob; pinned hair in place at the nape of the neck so pins did not show
- Shaped the waves around the face in order to finish off the classic Hollywood look
Other 2013 Golden Globe articles: Claire Danes' 2013 Golden Globes Hair | Emily Blunt's textured bun at the 2013 Golden Globes | Julianne Moore at the 2013 Golden Globes | Jennifer Lawrence's 2013 Golden Globes Look | Megan Fox at the 2013 Golden Globes | Hairstyles How To: Olivia Munn's 2013 Golden Globes Hair | Amy Poehler's Blonde Hair for the 2013 Golden Globes | Lena Dunham's 2013 Golden Globes Pixie | Kate Hudson at the 2013 Golden Globes | Jessica Chastain at the 2013 Golden Globes | Amy Adams at the 2013 Golden Globes | Debra Messing at the 2013 Golden Globes | Jessica Lang at the 2013 Golden Globes | Golden Globe Style