Cosmetologists Chicago (CC) installed its new board of directors and officers at the 2012 Annual Business Meeting October 22, 2012. These volunteering salon professionals develop and guide the association’s services to its 7,000 members in continuing education, legislative representation, technology, social networking, scholarships and networking.
The Board’s single most important responsibility is oversight of all facets of America’s Beauty Show. The 2013 Show will be held March 9-11 at McCormick Place in Chicago. A three-day event, America’s Beauty Show attracts professionals from throughout North America as well as international guests. More than 60,000 salon professionals, educators, cosmetology students, leading manufacturers and distributors of salon products, equipment and services will again be in attendance.
The Board of Directors of Cosmetologists Chicago for 2012-14 are:
• President – Joseph Cartagena, Genacelli Salon & Day Spa, Chicago, IL
• 1st Vice President – Denise Provenzano, Zano Salons & Spa, Naperville, IL
• 2nd Vice President – Larry Silvestri, Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas, Chicago, IL
• Secretary – Robert Passage, Pivot Point International, Evanston, IL
• Treasurer – Karen Gordon, J. Gordon Designs, Chicago, IL
• Immediate Past President, Frank Gironda, Frank Gironda Salon & Day Spa, Wheaton, IL
• Bonnie Canavino, Red Cherry Group, Downers Grove, IL
• Paul Chambers, Kuttin Ege’ Salon, Chicago, IL
• Lorrene Conino, Salon Lorrene, Palatine, IL
• Kathy Jager, Pro’s Salon, Oak Forest, IL
• Debra Jargstorf, Empire Education Group, Prospect Heights, IL
• Rosa Palmeri, Trio Evanston, Evanston, IL
• Lisa Ryan, Love My Results Beauty, Crystal Lake, IL
“I am thrilled that Joseph Cartagena will succeed me as president of CC,” said immediate past-president Frank Gironda. “He is a real hairdresser’s hairdresser and will do great things for this association.”
For information or to register for the 2013 America’s Beauty Show, March 9-11, visit AmericasBeautyShow.com or call 312-321-6809. Questions regarding membership in Cosmetologists Chicago can be directed to email@example.com.
[Image courtesy of Vi Nelson and Associates]