The celebs and fashion elite came out last night to celebrating the Met’s new "Punk: From Chaos to Couture" exhibit. Alterna Haircare spokeswoman Katie Holmes didn’t disappoint, taking her hair to new heights with a punk-inspired coif. Perfect for summer weddings and soirees, the brand’s Global Creative Director, Michael Shaun Corby, shares how to recreate her high volume updo in five easy steps.
1. To ensure maximum volume, spray damp locks from root to tip with Alterna Bamboo 48 Hour Volume Sustainable Volume Spray. Rough blow dry with fingers.
2. Add shine, texture and light hold by working new Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 Complete Correction Leave-In Hair Perfector into strands.
3. Back comb the top section of the head for added volume from forehead to crown.
4. Sweep hair back to the nape and twist upwards into a loose and messy French twist. Secure with hair pins as you go.
5. The finished look is a bit loose, ensure hold with Bamboo Style Ultra Hold Hairspray
[Image: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images]
More from the 2013 Met Gala: Guido Palau's Punk Creations | Amanda Seyfried's Twisted Punk Updo | Alexa Chung's Romantic Chignon | Karlie Kloss' Modern Punk Beauty | Kylie Minogue's Retro Waves | Diane Kruger's Pink Pony | Allison Williams' Punk Rock Look | Minka Kelly's Punk Glamour Updo | Jessica Alba's Textured Bun | Brooklyn Decker Goes Punk-Glam | Hailee Steinfeld's Tousled Waves | Jessica Pare's Spiked Updo | Anne Hathaway's Platinum Blonde Transformation | Nicole Richie's Edgy Punk Look | Jessica Biel's Slicked-Back Pony | Lily Cole's Grunge-Inspired Coif | Miley Cyrus' Spikes by Oribe | Ashley Greene's Half-Updo by Ted Gibson | Felicity Jones' Punk-Hepburn Style | Miranda Kerr's Braids and Waves | Elizabeth Banks' Punk Ponytail | Kirsten Dunst Sports Beachy Waves | Lily Collins