Henkel is committed to helping those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, and so is its brand, #mydentity. To that end, #mydentity and brand founder Guy Tang are donating more than $1 million worth of #mydentity haircare products to organizations supporting millions of individuals in highly impacted areas around the globe. These organizations help front-line heroes and essential workers, as well as support women, children and families who are rebuilding their lives through these difficult times. Personal care items are a necessity but can be a high expense that many families may be unable to afford, especially with the high rates of unemployment at this current time. Additionally, front line workers such as nurses, doctors and hospital staff are working tirelessly around the clock and need personal care items in hospital shower facilities. Guy Tang and Henkel are pleased to assist by providing #mydentity shampoo, conditioner and hairspray to the following organizations:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center: Los Angeles academic healthcare organization dedicated to providing care to anyone in need.
- Mary’s Place: Mary’s Place provides safe, inclusive shelter and services that support women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness.
- Project Beauty Share: Project Beauty Share helps marginalized women rebuild their lives by giving them an opportunity to be a part of the community.
- Dress for Success: The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Their client population is the among the most vulnerable groups impacted by the COVID-19 crisis and facing financial hardships due to job loss.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission: Ministry-based service provider who loves and cares for homeless neighbors by meeting urgent physical needs, building relationships, and offering long-term recovery programs in order to restore dignity and help move people to healthy, thriving lives.
- Covenant House Florida: The largest privately funded agency in the Americas providing shelter, food, immediate crisis care, and an array of other services to homeless and runaway youth
- Boston HealthCare: Delivers direct medical, dental and behavioral health services to homeless men, woman and children in shelters and on the streets.
- Vision House: Strives to equip families experiencing homelessness with the skills to become self-sufficient, empowering families to avoid homelessness, poverty and abuse in the future.
- St. Vincent/William Moran Hospitality House: Dedicated to providing individuals and families living in poverty with health care and comfortable, close and convenient overnight accommodations
- Family Rescue: Dedicated to eliminating domestic violence in the Chicago community by providing comprehensive support services and shelter to victims and their children.
- Union Rescue Mission LA: One of the largest rescue missions dedicated to serving people experiencing homelessness.
“I started #mydentity to create a like-minded community that helps inspire others through the power of beauty," says Guy Tang, #mydentity founder. "With the Coronavirus leaving the less fortunate in dire straits, I am extremely grateful to be able to use that same power and inspiration to help those in need. We are all in this together.”
“As we all work together to get through this pandemic, Henkel is eager to show our gratitude and give thanks to the front-line heroes and assist those who are particularly vulnerable in this unprecedented time”, says Stefan L. Mund, head of Henkel Beauty Care Professional in North America.