October marks National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is taking a stand through its charity program CUT IT OUT (CIO): Salons Against Domestic Abuse. CIO aims to bring awareness to the issue of domestic violence by educating salon professionals to recognize the signs of abuse so that they can safely refer clients colleagues, friends and family to local resources.
Statistics from PBA:
- Every 15 seconds a woman is battered
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 9 men experience domestic violence in their lifetime
This month, PBA is encouraging stylists across the nation to take a stand against domestic violence by participating in its CUT IT OUT October Fundraising and Awareness Drive. There are many ways you can get involved, including:
- Make an Online Donation - Your donation helps provide salon professionals with resources such as posters and safety cards free of charge.
- Order CIO Materials for Your Salon or School - Posters and safety cards contain domestic abuse information and phone number to the National Domestic Violence Hotline to help to safely refer someone to local and national resources for help.
- Join CIO - Become a trainer, sponsor or fundraiser.
For more information, and more ways you can get involved, please visit probeauty.org/cutitout.