With bridal season in full swing, updos are a rising trend.
“Brides love a good ponytail because it allows them to feel like themselves, plus it’s super comfortable and stable,” adds Pridemore. “I think this one has been so popular this season because it’s placed high on the head which lifts facial features, and it’s the perfect balance of clean polish and soft texture.”
Below, Pridemore shares how you can bring this look to life for your clients.
- Start by using a texturizing iron all over (on fine hair). If the hair is thicker or more coarse, start at crown area and focus around face using vertical slices at root.
- Curl everything with a 1.5” 2-in-1 Iron and Wand — alternate curls for a looser look.
- Add backcombing at crown area for volume with a tail comb.
- Use a texture spray to tousle curls and give volume to the pony.
- Leave face framing pieces out and comb everything else towards the middle of the crown for an elevated ponytail.
- Secure ponytail using a hair bungee, grab the remaining pieces and place overtop the ponytail. Take hair from the left and wrap around and then the right wrap around pull through the ponytail using a topsy tail hair tool.
- Curl any remaining face framing pieces away from the face and fan out using hairspray and tail comb to create an effortless look.
- For added volume and more density to the hair, ask the bride/client to bring in clip in extensions.