The 2022 Academy Awards took place on Sunday, March 27 and the celebrities did not disappoint with their hair looks.
Here we round up seven must-copy hairstyles from Hollywood's most glamourous night.
Zendaya's hair was styled by Antoinette Hill using Joico products.
- Prep hair with 18-inch Hidden Crown Original Clip Ins using Joico’s Defy Damage Pro Series 1 for bond strengthening and protection.
- Create dimension using Joico’s BlondeLife Powder Lightener and use two Joico LumiShine Demi Liquid color formulas to achieve the perfect shade.
- Spray TRESemmé One Step Volume Mist at the roots of the hair, while drying and style strands using a T3 AireBrush Duo on the medium setting with the round brush attachment to create even more volume at the crown of Z's head.
- Apply TRESemmé Keratin Shine Serum from roots to ends for added smoothness and shine.
- Attach three, 18-inch Hidden Crown Original Clip Ins to the back of the hair for added fullness.
- Secure the hair with a soft elastic band and hair pins in the back.
- To complete the look, pinched out tendrils around the perimeter of the hair for added softness and spray TRESemmé Total Volume Hair Spray throughout to achieve an all day hold while still maintaining lift and volume.
John said, “For Elliot, we really wanted a look that was effortlessly cool. I love working with matte products like American Crew Matte Clay as they really lend to a more cool, undone vibe.”
- Trim hair to get it to desired length before styling, a good foundation is key to a solid structure.
- Spray a few spritz of American Crew Prep & Prime Tonic to the hair before tightening up the sides and back, while adding a little texture to the length on top.
- Add a small amount of the American Crew Fiber Grooming Foam to damp hair and rough dry using hands to build fullness into the style.
- Once the hair was dry and the desired texture was achieved, use a dab of American Crew Matte Clay to pinch onto the ends of the hair, creating a lived-in texture and piece-y finish.
Danilo said of James, “She’s a contemporary beauty, so wanted to give her an effortless luxurious style.”
- Evenly distribute detangling Sebastian Professional Potion 9.
- Then lightly spray hair with heat protecting Sebastian Professional Trilliant.
- Warm a small dollop of Sebastian Professional Dark Oil in hands and smooth over hair tips/ends.
- Spray Sebastian Professional Volupt volume enhancer on the roots.
- With mixed bristle paddle brush, dry hair with Dyson Supersonic hair dryer Professional with concentrator attachment.
- Once thoroughly dried smooth, pin up hair from the bottom to top in two-inch-wide sections.
- Section by section, apply heat protecting and smoothing spray Sebastian Professional Trilliant and proceed to smooth finish with a body bend using Dyson Corrale Straightener set at medium heat.
- Pin each section and let cool. Leave hair in pinned curls or place on Velcro rollers let set sit while doing make up. When ready remove pins and brush through.
- Flip head upside down and lightly spray Sebastian Professional Dry Clean Only for enhancing texture and volume, and Sebastian Professional Shaper for flexible hold.
- Then, pass hands through hair giving a little bit of break up detail.
"We went for a modernized Audrey Hepburn style for the Oscars tonight. Since Vanessa is cohosting the preshow we went with a look that could easily hold in place for many hours. These SexyHair products were great to keep everything in place for a long lasting look," said Priano on inspiration for the look.
- Prep the hair with Healthy SexyHair Fresh Hair Air Dry Styling Mousse and add the Irresistible Me invisible clip-in hair extensions #1b-2-4 dark ombre. Use virtually undetectable clip-ins to ensure a sleek, streamlined look. Leave out at least 1.5" from the hairline, and place a bit further back from the crown in the direction toward the bun.
- Add in Big SexyHair Powder Play Volumizing & Texturizing Powder to loosen the hair up a bit and bond the extensions to the hair so everything looks seamless.
- Add Style SexyHair Hard Up Hard Holding Gel and pull the hair into a ponytail.
- Then, twist one-inch sections of the ponytail and loop them all together to make a structed bun, pin it in place, and use Big SexyHair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray to ensure all stays put.
- Lastly, use Healthy SexyHair Styling Paste to keep the flyaways down.
Bridget Brager styled award presenter Naomi Scott, using T3 Micro styling tools.
- Add a mixture of oil and cream to damp hair and use the T3 AireBrush Duo with the paddle brush attachment to direct the hair off the face and behind the ears.
- Once the hair is dry, use the T3 Lucea Flat Iron to smooth the hair, but not straightening the ends completely.
- Add a little flip to combat the high neck zipper of the dress.
- The goal was for the hair to stay as close to the head as possible but still had some shape. Once the hair is smooth and set in place, use a gel and cream mixture and rake it into the hair to create a hydrated, wet look.
- Then add a shine spray and clip the hair so it would dry and set in position without flyaways.
- Remove the clips and go through the hair with a high shine gloss spray and super hold hair spray and clean up around the edges of the face with a small detailing brush.
- Lastly, add final spritz of hairspray.
- Blow dry the hair over a natural bristle round brush and work up the sections, from the nape of the neck all the way to the top.
- Then, take a 1.5" wide section at the nape of the neck. Take the section and comb through so all the hair is aligned and push a soft curve into the hair.
- Now take the L’Oréal Professionnel Steam Pod and gently tap the heated plates on the curved section to fix the shape.
- Move the hair into the opposite direction to create the "S" shape in the hair and tap down again with the straightener. Repeat this all over the head until all the hair has a tousled texture throughout.
- Then, loosely gather the hair at the back and roll it into a twist and secure with pins.
- Define a few loose strands around the face with some styling crème and fix with a little hairspray.
- Start by applying the Madison Reed Hair Color Mask ZUCCA to revive hair color.
- Prep the hair with Hair Rituel by Sisley-Paris Volumizing Spray to add volume and texture at the roots for long- lasting lift effect.
- Then began to dry the hair using the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Hair Dryer.
- Once hair was dry, use the Olivia Garden Titanium + Ion Flat Iron to add shine and sleekness and add Hair Rituel by Sisley-Paris Revitalizing Fortifying Serum to achieve extra shine and nourishment from midshaft down.
- Brush through the hair straight back by hand and follow with the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Supreme Combo Paddle Brush to add natural texture.
- Tease the crown a bit using the Olivia Garden Style Up Folding Teasing Brush.
- Gather all of the hair gently and tie it into a high ponytail securing it with an elastic.
- Pull the front pieces out and twist the pony to keep it fresh and airy.