Holiday season is fast approaching, which means it's time to start prepping those holiday hairdos.
“This is such a great look for anything from a holiday party to a wedding because it can be elevated with a sleek accessory, or pancaked for a more organic vibe,” says Olson.
Follow the tutorial below to learn how to style this look for your clients.
- On dry hair, blow dry in volumizing hair spray, using small sections and a paddle brush to maintain control of the hair. It will be sticky and wet to begin: Trust the process, and continue to dry until hair is 100% dry. This gives all the foundation to add texture and control.
- Use both a 1” and 1 1/2” iron + wand to create spiral wrapped curls with different sizes. This gives the most effortless curl pattern.
- Brush curls out with hands or wide tooth comb.
- Separate the front of the hair from back. Leave the front out and down while working on the back.
- Create 2 separate off set ponytails at the back of the head. Tease each ponytail with texture spray.
- Wrap bottom ponytail around top ponytail. Repeat with top ponytail to create a bun. Secure with hair pins to keep a lose textured finish.
- Bring the front of the hair to the back, using hands to separate curls and design a soft texture. Pin the hair into the bun.
- Add texturizing hairspray for a shiny topcoat finish and embellish with an accessory of your choice.