Redken was on hand at the Dior Couture runway show, providing romantic ponytails for the models. Guido Palau, Redken's Global Creative Director, created the looks.
"The hair is a very simple ponytail that’s a little bit windswept," he said. "There’s a romance to this girl… she’s traveled, so it’s a bit disheveled. The look is easy and cinematic. I’ve done a side part on the girls, using different irons to get uneven texture, then finishing by wrapping hair around the ponytail to hide it, using Redken Wind Blown 05 as my texturizing spray. Maria Grazia loves that young, attainable beauty. This is her ideal woman.
- Prep hair with Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner. Allow to air dry.
- Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 throughout the roots to the ends to add additional texture and grip.
- Using your fingers, comb hair to a low, clean side part for a bit of a masculine edge.
- Using two different curling irons, curl throughout your lengths for added, irregular texture.
- Secure the hair into a low soft ponytail with a black elastic.
- Taking one small section of hair, wrap your hair around the black elastic and secure with a bobby pin to hold.
[Image courtesy of Redken]