The hair look at Carolina Herrera Spring/Summer 2017 was all about sleekness and shine. Lead stylist and TRESemmé New York Fashion Week Ambassador, Orlando Pita, created a polished, minimal look that was both elegant and cool.
An updated take on the half-back hair trend, the style was created by first straightening the hair to perfection, then pulling two large sections away from the face toward the back of the model's head, and twisting and tucking the sections for a seamless effect. Said Pita, "When you have an intricate look and you’re using hair ties, to conceal them, aim a little higher than you want [the style] to be so that it’s easier to tuck into the remaining hair for a flawless finish."
Recreate this ultra-chic look in the salon with the how-to, below!
Get the Look:
- Start with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shampoo, followed by the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Conditioner for a smooth foundation.
- Work in a small amount of TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Keratin Infusing Serum and blow-dry the hair straight with a round bristle brush.
- Run a straightener over the hair, making sure there are no kinks or stray hairs and spray with TRESemmé Botanique Damage Recovery Oil Elixir for a healthy shine.
- Work in a small amount of TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Firm Control Gel into the roots of the hair with your fingertips, for hold, not volume. Dry the product in on low heat to ensure a matte finish.
- Make a deep side part and comb hair back then generously spray TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Firm Non-Aerosol Hairspray to hold hair in place.
- Take a 2-inch section from just above the ear, sweep across to the opposite side and affix with a small part of hair from that side using a clear elastic band. Repeat this process on the opposite side.
- Tuck hair bands under the opposite part of hair so you cannot see the band. Use a soft bristle brush to tame fly-aways and finish the look with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Firm Non-Aerosol Hairspray.